KitPlus is a trading name of TV-BAY Limited it may be referred to as either in this policy. Your right to privacy is very important. We recognize that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. We believe this information should only be used to help us provide you with better service. That's why we have put a policy in place to protect your personal information. Below is a our policy detailing what information we collect from you, we use that data and how we control and process it in line with GDPR.
What personal information do we collect and why?
- Web site registration
- WHAT? When you register for an account on kitplus.com we will ask you to complete a form giving your name and address, email and phone number. We automatically detect your country from you IP address and this can be manually corrected by us if required, we also ask for your job sector. This information is all saved online and periodically exported to a CRM.
- WHY? We need to know you are real and have a real address. People buying goods from those selling on kitplus.com need to know that some basic steps have been taken to confirm the seller is where they say they are. We will use the phone number to contact in rare cases, fraud or other security issue. We will also use the information supplied to contact you directly if we believe we have a direct service that would be of benefit to you. Your email address will also be added to our email server to send you industry related information, you can opt-out at any time.
- Magazine subscription
- WHAT? This is form is accessed when you are logged in and no new information is required unless there is a address box that requires completing or changing for example.
- WHY? For those requesting a print copy then if we have no address then we cannot send a magazine.
- WHAT? If you do not register but want to contact a seller of an item advertised for sale then we class you as a VIEWER. When you contact a seller we ask for your name, email and detect your country by IP address. This information is all saved online and periodically exported to a CRM.
- WHY? We need to ensure that we have some basic information from you if you are contacting a seller. The seller may ask us to confirm your location and we will be able to confirm certain aspects for security. Your email address may be, and on occasions your phone number, included in the message sent directly to some advertisers when you enquire about the items they are selling. These sellers are hand selected by us as large trusted organisations with approved GDPR policies and are bound to only use this information to contact you regarding the specific item you have enquired about.
- WHAT? If you are a PR or marketing company you may visit our /mediapack page and there is an area to insert your email address. This is stored directly on our email server and added to our PR email list.
- WHY? If we do not have your email address then we can not send you in the information you have asked for.
- Event services (Third party events)
- WHAT? We allow customers and clients to book services from us (meetings, interviews etc) at third party events such as major trade shows. To enable us to fufil the booking we request email, name, company, address and information about where the service will take place such as stand number and hall.
- WHY? We need this information to schedule the service booked and also to export to our accounts department for invoicing.
- Event registration (KitPlus or KitPlus Show)
- WHAT? This is done by a third party embedded form and we ask questions related to the event you may be registering for whether it be a simple webinar or a physical show event. This information is all saved online and periodically exported to a CRM.
- WHY? We need to know who is intending to attend the event. Depending on the event we will also want to know what sector the person is in and other job related information. This generic information (not your personal information) will be used for future promotion of events and for analytics of our reach into market demographics. There is an option to share your information with our sponsors and exhibitors.
- Trade show scan
- WHAT? We may, during a trade show ask your permission to scan your visitor badge.
- WHY? We will contact you after the show to enquire as to how we might be able to work together, or indeed give you the option to remove yourself from our database if you wish.
How we use your personal data
We use your data in a number of ways.
- We offer promotional services to distribute information we believe is relevant to you from third party companies. We will NEVER sell your data or share it with another company for the purpose of targeting you with emails, cold calls or other marketing activity. The only emails you will receive will be directly from KitPlus and they all have an unsubscribe option at the footer.
- Magazine distribution
- We send your postal address information to our postal provider and then securely to our bonded mailing house to enable them to create address labels and distribute the magazine to your door.
- Events services
- We use the information to ensure we fulfil the booking you have requested and also to ensure we have the correct contact information so we can contact you in the future for further opportunities.
- Kit for sale
- We do not often get involved in the website sale process as this is directly between the seller and buyer but on occasions we will use your data to verify certain aspects and to prevent fraudulent transactions.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about any changes to the services we provide you.
- To comply with any legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
Who we might share your data with
We sometimes share your data with trusted third parties in order to fulfil services. Examples are delivery couriers, mailing houses, trusted equipment resellers you may contact via kitplus.com.
- We will only provide the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
We will only share your data with third parties for their own purposes within specific circumstances. This will include law enforcement agencies in relations to fraud management and if requested to by the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis taking into consideration the nature and reason for the request and your privacy.
What are your rights over your personal data?
If you are registered on kitplus.com then you can log in and delete your account. This will remove ALL record of your details. Upon receiving this notification your details will also be removed from our web database, any CRM we are using and our email server.
You have the right to request
- Access to the information we hold about you and where we hold it
- Correction of any data we hold if it is inaccurate
- That we stop using your personal data to contact you
- That we remove all personal data relating to you from our systems and databases
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. This is done via a unsubscribe link at the footer of all direct marketing emails. On some occasions your data may be on another industry sector specific list and therefore you may need to unsubscribe more than once. You can at any time contact us to be removed from all lists your information may appear on.
Checking your identity
We take account deletion very seriously and to prevent unauthorised deletion we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with some requests. Unsubscribing from emails however can be done by anyone receiving or having access to your incoming email.
It is a legal requirement of using our managed and hosted online service for email distribution that we have to include an UNSUBSCRIBE link at the footer of every email. When you unsubscribe then you will no longer be sent emails from that list.
In order to ensure you are only sent the information you want and is relevant to you then we split our database into several categories and it is possible one individual is on more than just one section. An example is below...
Complete list: This is used for sending information from third parties about events, auctions, sales and other information we believe you will benefit from.
Events: If you have registered for an event we have held then your email will be added to this list so we can notify you of future events. We will not send third party marketing promotions to this list
Education: If you are in the education sector then you may be on this list and we use it to send your special offers and promotions directly connected with education.
PR / Marketing: If your job involves public relations and marketing then you may be on this list. We use it to send you information directly from KitPlus about deadlines, events, advertising offers etc.
There may be other lists but few people are on more than two so if you unsubscribe and then in the future receive another marketing email then it is most likely you are on another industry list. You can choose to remain on that list or unsubscribe.
You can contact us at any time to request confirmation of the lists you are on and removal from all or specific ones.
How and where we store and protect your data
Depending on the service we are providing we will use one or multiple places to store your personal information.
- Web server for website registrations, advertising items to sell, contacting advertisers, adding press releases etc.
- kitplus.com uses a web server with datacentres in the UK and our website is an SSL - COMODO Secure Site with security Certificate (expiry 29/09/2020). We have a managed service which includes routine back-ups of our online web database.
- Managed and hosted online service for email distribution
- All events use managed and hosted secure embedded registration forms and exported to a secure partner where necessary information is required to create a delegate event badge where required
- Managed and hosted secure online CRM
- Managed and hosted secure online accounts system
How long do we keep your personal data?
When you create an account on kitplus.com then we will not normally delete it unless you ask us to. If in the process of cleaning up our database we notice an account has been inactive for a significant time (5 years or more) then we may contact you to request removal. If we do not receive a reply after two attempts then that account may be removed. If we do remove your kitplus.com account then we may also remove your records from any other place they reside on our databases.
Your email record may be 'unsubscribed' (meaning we cannot then send you further emails) from our managed and hosted online service for email distribution if, during a data clean up, we notice that you have not opened a specific number of recently sent email campaigns.
Our contract with third parties such as postal companies and mailing houses employed to delivery our services will destroy your data after it has been used.
Cookies and analytics
- Close this website
- Use your web browser’s tools to “delete your cache”
- Quit your browser
- You can then choose to disallow cookies from this website via browser settings
All payments on kitplus.com are done via PayPal whether you are using a credit card or your PayPal account. PayPal utilises a secure embedded form on kitplus.com to ensure no payment information is seen, stored or in any way given to us directly. Access to all online payment portals are strictly controlled.
The legal basis we rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
- In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, attending an event or registering on kitplus.com. When collecting your personal data we will add a link to this page where we have made it clear which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
- Contractual obligations
- In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you wish to receive a magazine or attend an event we will need your address and details.
- Legal compliance
- If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting KitPlus to law enforcement.
- Legitimate interest
- In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. We may use your email address to send you direct marketing information, telling you about products and services that we think might interest you including events directly from us and our third party partners.
Contacting tv-bay regarding privacy
You can contact email@example.com at any time to assist with removal, update or other queries in relation to your personal data....