Blackmagic Design extends its congratulations to the many film professionals and films that were nominated as part of the 95th Academy Awards 2023 and who used a variety of Blackmagic Design production and post production products.
These films join the hundreds of Oscar® nominated and award winning films that, over the past two decades, have used a variety of Blackmagic Design digital film cameras, DaVinci Resolve editing, grading, visual effects (VFX) and audio post production software, and other film creation products.
2023 nominees using Blackmagic Design products include more than 20 other films across the technical, documentary, short film, international feature film and animated categories.
Some of the Oscar nominated films that used Blackmagic Design gear during production include:
· “Argentina, 1985” DIT Martin Bendersky used DaVinci Resolve Studio for on set grading;
· “Avatar: The Way of Water” completed production using Teranex AV, Smart Videohub 12G 40x40, DeckLink 8K Pro, UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3 and ATEM 4 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K;
· “The Banshees of Inisherin” DP Ben Davis, BSC used Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K for select shots; and
· “Everything Everywhere All at Once” DIT Mathew Conrad used DaVinci Resolve Studio for on set grading.
Some of the nominees that used DaVinci Resolve Studio during post production include:
· “All the Beauty and the Bloodshed” graded by Nat Jencks of PostWorks New York;
· “Argentina, 1985” graded by Luisa Cavanagh of Quanta Post;
· “Avatar: The Way of Water” graded by Tashi Trieu of Lightstorm Entertainment;
· “Babylon” graded by Matt Wallach of Company 3;
· “Babylon” Assistant Editor Ryan Chavez used DaVinci Resolve Studio for title treatment and early color passes for select sequences. The editorial team also used the UltraStudio 4K Mini for on set projection and editorial work;
· “The Banshees of Inisherin” graded by Adam Glasman and onlined by Guilhem Coulibaly at Goldcrest Post with on set work and dailies color by Cinelab Film & Digital;
· “The Batman” graded by Philip Beckner of Fotokem;
· “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” graded by Tom Poole of Company 3;
· “Elvis” graded by Colorists Kim Rene Bjørge and Kali Bateman and Supervising Colorist Brett Manson;
· “Empire of Light” graded by James Slattery of Company 3;
· “Everything Everywhere All at Once” graded by Alex Bickel of Color Collective;
· “Fire of Love” graded by Steven Mercier of Post Moderne;
· “How Do You Measure a Year” graded by Robert Arnold of RDAcolor;
· “Living” graded by Joseph Bicknell of Company 3;
· “Navalny” graded by Luke Cahill of Different by Design;
· “Stranger at the Gate” graded by Kath Raisch of Company 3;
· “TÁR” graded by Tim Masick of Company 3;
· “Top Gun: Maverick” graded by Stefan Sonnenfeld and Adam Nazarenko, second colorist, both of Company 3;
· “Triangle of Sadness” graded by Oskar Larsson of Tint;
· “The Whale” graded by Timothy Stipan of Company 3; and
· “Women Talking” graded by Mark Kueper of Picture Shop.
Product photos of Blackmagic Design products are available at www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/images.